Monday 27 June 2011

Manchester United linked with Celtic ace

HIGHLY RATED: Emilio Izaguirre  
HIGHLY RATED: Emilio Izaguirre

Manchester United are said to be interested in Celtic’s full back Emilio Izaguirre.

The highly-rated Honduras international has claimed himself that the Reds are keen.

Izaguirre established himself as one of the SPL’s star players in his debut season.

He landed every major individual honour on offer as he was named SPFA Players’ Player of the Year, Scottish Premier League Player of the Year and Celtic’s player of the season.

“I have to confirm it’s 100 per cent true that Manchester United were following me and were interested in me. It was Alex Ferguson directly who made contact with the Celtic directors,” the 26-year-old revealed.

“I am aware also that Manchester United and Celtic agreed for a meeting in July. We have to see what happens if I stay or I go.

“If I have the chance I welcome the move with open arms. If that is the case I will thank God and I will take my opportunity.”

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich have been linked with Nani. United’s Players’ Player of the Year, who was only a substitute in the Champions League final at Wembley, is under pressure with the arrival of £16.5m Ashley Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment