Tuesday 7 June 2011

Javier Hernandez: I'll keep scoring for Manchester United to repay Sir Alex Ferguson

FINE SEASON: Javier Hernandez FINE SEASON: Javier Hernandez
 
Javier Hernandez’s debt to Sir Alex Ferguson and United will spur him on to greater things. The Mexican striker was an unknown to Reds fans 12 months ago following his late- season signing from Chivas in Guadalajara for £8m.

The first glimpse his new supporters got was against England as a second-half substitute in a World Cup Wembley warm-up.

He then gave United fans a taste of things to come impressing in South Africa.

A year on and – after a sensational 20 goals in 45 appearances in his Old Trafford debut term that helped secure the record 19th League title – he is still at it for Mexico.

He scored his first senior international hat trick against El Salvador last weekend in the Gold Cup in America.

And the 22-year-old has vowed to keep winning titles for the Reds.

“I’m not a symbol or an idol, or anything like that. Football is not a sport like golf but a team game,” said Chicharito.

“I am very motivated after a great season with Manchester United.

“From now on I’ll owe a great debt to Sir Alex Ferguson for bringing me to Europe. My dream continues and has not changed.

“I want to win many titles to give back to the team that opened the doors for me.”

Hernandez’s next Gold Cup match is against Cuba in Charlotte at the Bank of America Stadium on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment